Definitely, an omelette is a versatile, quick and easy way to prepare eggs which provides in a few minutes a very complete dinner or a first course or entree, but also a good appetizer. There are a few tricks to making a juicier omelette that is softer and a little bigger: for example, adding pieces of butter to beaten eggs. If this is done then when cooking it should not add much oil, so as not to shoot the calories. With the cod omelette, shrimp and tomato sauce, this trick will surely work very well.
Many important nutrients are obtained with cod. This white meat fish that lives in the cold seas of northern Europe has very little fat and calories, making it very suitable for weight control diets. But that little fat is made up of omega 3 fatty acids essential for the proper functioning of our body and cardiovascular system. In addition it has phosphorus, zinc and selenium, many proteins and vitamin D. Of course, it also has an exquisite flavor .
- 400 grams of desalted cod
- 8 eggs
- 150 grams of peeled shrimp
- 5 tablespoons of homemade tomato sauce
- 6 garlics
- 1 chilli
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to prepare a cod omelette, shrimp and tomato sauce:
- Chop 3 cloves of garlic and onion in brunoise.
- Put olive oil in a frying pan. Poach the onion, when it is crystallized add the garlic. Add the tomato sauce cook until you get a sofrito. Reserve .
- Remove the skin from the cod .
- Confit the cod : in a saucepan full of oil put the bay leaf, 3 garlic cloves crushed and with skin and the chilli.
- When the oil is hot without boiling, add the cod, leave to confit for 12 minutes . Remove the cod, drain it and reserve it on absorbent paper .
- Cook the prawns in salted water . Book.
- Beat the eggs with a touch of salt and pepper and make 4 French tortillas .
- Leave them a little raw inside . Place them on a baking sheet lined with non-stick paper and bake for one minute on very low heat .
- To serve, make a longitudinal cut on the top of each tortilla open the sides of the cut, place a piece of cod, some shrimp and finally a little bit of sofrito .
This omelette with cod, shrimp and tomato sauce is a perfect dinner. Although it is a little laborious to do, the result is ideal and surprising due to the contrast of the dish.