These cod dumplings with apple are perfect to serve as an aperitif, enjoy them with a fresh white wine during Easter. Some dumplings are a staple, this ideal dough that we can always have waiting in the fridge or create it immediately with a piece of bread or pizza dough, will host a combination of unique flavors. The sweetness of the apples will be fused with a white fish that is characterized by being one of the most popular, the cod . Dare to try a simple recipe, easy to prepare and delicious, these cod dumplings with apple will make history.
- 12 dumplings wafers
- 200 gr of salted cod
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 apples
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
How to prepare cod dumplings with apple
- For this recipe we will use a salted cod, although we can substitute it for a frozen or smoked cod it will be just as good with small modifications. Salting forces us to start the recipe the night before.
- We put the cod in water change the water a couple of times so that it removes excess salt and is ready to create the ideal pasty filling.
- We will get to work with the onion . Peel the onion and cut it into small pieces. We repeat the operation with the garlic clove.
- In a frying pan with a splash of oil we fry the onion with the garlic. While we remove the seeds from the pepper and chop it up.
- Add the pepper to the sauce when the onion and garlic are tender. We let this base cook for a few minutes.
- Chop the cod and remove any bones that it may have. We add it to the vegetables as they are tender. If necessary, we rectify salt and pepper.
- We peel the apples and grate them . We will give them a cooking point in a pan with a little butter.
- When the apples have taken color we put them with the cod. We will have an impressive filling of dumplings ready.
- We spread the dumplings . We fill them and seal with a fork. We can cook them fried or baked.
- If we choose to make them in the oven, we paint with a beaten egg so that they are more beautiful. At 180º it will take about 15 minutes to be ready.
- We serve these dumplings with a fresh drink to enjoy this snack that combines impressive sweet and salty flavors.