This cod brandade with olive pate is the perfect aperitif for these dates. A bite starring the king of the Easter tables, the cod . This fish with hardly any bones, fat or many proteins is the most consumed these days. With an extra point of flavor that we will get with a simple olive pate. We serve with a little onion jam and some toast, enjoying to the maximum of a few different holidays. Take note of how to make a cod brandade with impressive olive pate.
- 190 ml of evaporated milk
- 2 potatoes
- ½ glass of milk
- 400 gr of desalted cod
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ glass of olive oil
- 50 gr of olives
- 3 cloves of garlic
How to prepare wallach brandade with olive pate
- For this brandade we will need a mashed potato . This ingredient is what will get a much more intense flavor to a dough full of good sensations.
- We wash the potatoes, peel them and cook with water and salt. When they are ready, drain and grind. To give us a creamy puree, add a little butter.
- We season the puree and add the evaporated milk . We reserve while we continue with the rest of the ingredients.
- We continue with the cod we can use a frozen or salted piece, as long as we have desalted it before.
- We cut the cod into pieces of the same size . We put in a saucepan covered with cold water. We heat until it begins to boil. We remove from the heat and reserve, keeping a glass of the water from its cooking.
- We wait for it to cool down to mince it and remove any bone we put it in the blender jar.
- Heat the oil in a pan with the peeled garlic . When the garlic has taken color, we remove it. Strain the oil and put with the cod.
- Grind the cod add a couple of roasted garlic cloves. We will let it emulsify little by little.
- To finish the brandade we add the mashed potatoes . We cook this mixture about 5 minutes over medium heat and reserve.
- We prepare the olive pate by crushing the olives pitted with oil. We rectify with salt and pepper.
- We mix the pate with the brandade. We will give it shape in simple molds smeared with olive oil.
- We serve with a little of caramelized onion, some sprouts and a little of homemade aioli . We will have ready an entree that will impress the most demanding.