The Coconut Pie and Cashew Nuts is a delicious dessert that combines the particular texture of coconut with dried fruit . This recipe is very healthy, it also does not take cooking, which makes it very practical and easy to do. Only the food processor is used for its preparation. This cake has three layers: the first, the base with coconut and almonds . A second layer of chocolate and the third layer of cashew nuts and coconut.
The cashew nut is a dried fruit that has monounsaturated fatty acids that benefit the circulatory system. It also contains minerals such as magnesium, necessary for the proper functioning of muscles.
For the base:
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 1 ½ cups sliced almond
- 10 dates
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
For the chocolate layer:
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
For the cashew and coconut layer:
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (for the cashew and coconut layer)
- 2 cups cashews
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla essence
- ¼ cup grated coconut (to decorate)
How to prepare coconut tart and cashew nuts:
- The night before, put the cashews to soak in a bowl of water. The next day, drain and reserve.
- To prepare the base, put a cup of grated coconut in a food processor. Add the almond, dates and coconut oil. Crush very well until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- In a mold of about 20 cm. in diameter, place baking paper that covers the bottom and the edges.
- Add the paste of the base to the bottom of the mold . Press very well with your fingers and refrigerate in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, prepare the chocolate layer . Pour in the maple syrup, cocoa, and a quarter cup of coconut oil. Mix very well.
- Pour the cocoa mixture on the base of the cake. Put it back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the soaked cashews and coconut oil in a food processor . Add the maple syrup, the coconut cream and the vanilla. Crush until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Add the cashew and coconut mixture on the chocolate layer. Flatten and smooth the surface with a kitchen spatula.
- Sprinkle grated coconut on top of the cake to decorate. Refrigerate in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Before serving, remove the cake from the freezer 15 minutes before.
Surprise the whole family with this delicious coconut and cashew nut tart. It is a very healthy cake with contrasting flavors that will conquer the most demanding palates.