This recipe for coconut and lime sauce is excellent to accompany any fish . In Spain there is a lot of coastline and it is precisely in these towns where this type of companion is best known. In our country there is a tradition of sauces, but the American continent has also made its contributions. From the tropics came many fruits vegetables and combinations of flavors foreign to the old continent. It is right in these territories where coconut and lime abound, being well known to local chefs. The best thing is that both fruits have a healthy nutritional contribution.
Coconut has a remarkable content of selenium, zinc, vitamin C, B1 and B3 . For all these nutrients, this fruit is positive for our immune and metabolic systems. Coconut milk is very good at killing bacteria because it is rich in lauric acid. For its part, the file has quite similar properties, in terms of the contribution to the immune system and the cleaning of the body. Together they not only help us biologically, they also make a very succulent thick sauce … Do you want to learn how to make it? Read on!
- 25 grams of coriander
- 80 grams of coconut milk
- Zest of a file
- 5 grams of lime juice
- 50 grams of walnuts
- 1 slice of fresh ginger
- ground black pepper
- 5 grams of sesame oil
Prepare recipe for coconut and lime sauce:
- Wash and dry the coriander branches.
- Chop the coriander and put it in the blender glass.
- Add coconut milk and lime peel to the glass .
- Squeeze the fresh lime juice and add to the mixture.
- Chop the walnuts and add to the glass to grind.
- Peel the ginger slice and add to the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Crush all the ingredients until there is a mixture of few lumps and homogeneous.
- Add the sesame oil and crush again so that everything mixes.
- Remove the mixture from the glass and place in a sauce boat.
Those who want to get a touch of spice can use a little chili. On the other hand, the oil should not be just sesame, two good substitutes are walnut or grape seed oils. You can also play with the amount of lime juice, to obtain a more or less citrus flavor. As you will see, the preparation is very simple … Dare to try it!