The Cinnamon and Honey Sorbet is a very fresh sweet drink made with almond milk. This vegetable milk is flavored with cinnamon to give it a special touch. In addition, sugar is substituted for honey to obtain a healthier drink with fewer calories. Sorbet is a semi-frozen dessert that has a less firm, liquid and less creamy texture than ice cream. The history of gastronomy tells that sorbets were the first frozen desserts. Originally, they were made with shaved ice, honey, and frozen fruit juice.
Cinnamon is an aromatic seasoning that is used in numerous preparations. This spice offers incredible therapeutic benefits for the body. Its generous amount of manganese relieves to reduce abdominal and premenstrual pain. In addition, cinnamon helps reduce bad LDL cholesterol levels, preventing cardiovascular disease. It must be remembered that hypertensive people should consume it in small quantities.
- 1 ltr. almond milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ lemon (the skin)
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- Cinnamon powder (to decorate)
- Honey (to decorate)
- 1 straw for each glass
How to prepare cinnamon and honey sorbet:
- Pour the liter of vegetable milk in a saucepan.
- Wash the lemon and, with the help of a sharp knife, extract the peel only from half a lemon . Avoid the white part of the lemon.
- Put the lemon peel in the saucepan with milk.
- Add the two cinnamon sticks to the saucepan.
- Add four tablespoons of honey.
- Mix the ingredients in the saucepan and heat over high heat until it reaches a boiling point. Stir occasionally.
- When boiling the milk, lower the heat to low and heat for 1 more minute .
- After time, remove from heat and let cool very well.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and lemon peel and discard.
- Put the desired amount of ice cubes in the blender glass. Add the milk and crush for 10 seconds until obtaining a granita from the cinnamon and honey sorbet.
- Distribute the sherbet into individual glasses . Sprinkle a little ground cinnamon on top and a string of honey. Put a straw into the glass.
If you are on a hot day, enjoy the freshness of this delicious cinnamon and honey sorbet. It is a healthy and nutritious drink that the little ones of the house love.