The meringue, fruit and chocolate cake is an exquisite cake for snack or dessert. It can also be brought to the table at a birthday party as a special gift for the honoree. This appetizing cake is very popular for its presentation and diversity of flavors that contrast on the palate.
The fruit selected for this cake is the strawberry . A recommended food for all ages, given its nutritional power. It has alkalizing and anti-inflammatory properties that prevent gout, rheumatism, and arthritis.
For the base:
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of butter
For the chocolate cream:
- 5 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 ½ tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of bitter cocoa
- 2 tablespoons of dulce de leche
- 1 ½ cup of liquid milk
For the meringue:
- 4 egg whites
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 12 ripe and firm strawberries
How to prepare meringue, fruit and chocolate tart:
- For the base, beat the egg yolks in an electric mixer for 2 minutes . Then add the egg, oil, sugar and continue beating for 3 more minutes.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the previous mixture and mix with wrapping movements.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet with the butter . Flour the pan and pour the mixture from the base of the cake.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, wash the strawberries and cut them into two pieces . Distribute half of the strawberries on the base of the cake.
- Prepare the chocolate cream, pouring the egg yolk and sugar into a saucepan . Mix and add cornstarch, cocoa and milk. Heat over low heat and stir constantly until cream thickens. Cook at boiling point for 5 seconds and remove from heat.
- Add the dulce de leche to the previous cream and mix.
- Immediately, pour the chocolate cream, still hot, on the strawberry layer . Let cool.
- For the meringue beat the egg whites and sugar vigorously in an electric mixer until you get a meringue.
- Put a layer of meringue on the chocolate cream and bake for 5 minutes at 180 degrees. Remove from the oven.
- Add a little cocoa powder on the meringue and place the remaining strawberries to decorate. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Unmold and serve.
Surprise your guests with this delicious meringue, fruit and chocolate cake. Its flavor and presentation will delight everyone.