The Chocolate and Apricot Cake is an easy and simple cake to prepare that uses the combination of chocolate with fruit . It can be eaten as a snack or as a dessert after a main meal. Apricot is a widely used in pastry thanks to its sweetness and attractive color. It tends to be an attractive topping on tartlets and cakes. Making this cake at home is a very simple task in which the little ones at home can participate. On the other hand, it is an ideal way for children to start eating fruit.
Apricot is a fruit that contains multiple nutrients. It is very healthy for the heart due to its high content of vitamin C and lycopene. These elements act as natural antioxidants that prevent cellular aging. Apricot is very rich in calcium and iron, which helps prevent diseases that affect the bones and also anemia.
- 3 ¼ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups icing sugar
- 175 gr. of cold butter
- 4 ripe apricots
How to prepare chocolate and apricot cake:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Wash, dry and remove the apricot kernels . Cut them into slices. Book.
- In a bowl, add flour, icing sugar, baking powder and cocoa. Stir very well to integrate the ingredients.
- Cut the cold butter into pieces .
- Add the pieces of butter to the bowl.
- Crush the butter in the flour mixture with your fingers until you obtain a crumb. The procedure must be done quickly to avoid that the butter loses cold.
- In a mold of about 25 cm. in diameter, add a little butter to grease it inside. Pour three quarters of the crumb.
- Next, place the apricot slices, distributed over the entire surface of the crumb.
- Finally, pour the remaining mass.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to remove from mold.
- Sprinkle a little icing sugar on top of the cake to decorate.
If you have to bring a dessert for a meeting, do not hesitate to prepare this chocolate and apricot cake. When cutting the portions, the inner layers will be noticed. You can add other fruits that combine well, such as strawberries or other red fruits. A real delight, buy the freshest and most ripe apricots you see on the market for an excellent result.