The chickpea croquettes with egg and ham are a very easy and quick snack to make. To speed up the preparation of the recipe you can use the cooked chickpea that comes in a pot. It is an easier and more comfortable resource that does not vary the flavor or the results of the dish. Croquettes are a very versatile dish due to the variety of ingredients that can be used in their preparation. They are made of fish, meat, seafood, vegetables, etc. In this case, this nutritious legume is used.
Chickpea is a food whose origin is located in the Far East, its consumption has been known for more than ten thousand years. It contains multiple favorable properties for the organism. Its richness in fiber regulates digestive function, contributing to the improvement of intestinal transit and preventing diseases such as colon cancer. Contains vitamins, minerals, complex carbohydrates, and proteins that help decrease the risk of heart disease.
- 1 jar of cooked chickpeas (in a 425 gr. Pot)
- 1 medium potato
- ¼ cup homemade chicken broth
- 2 boiled eggs
- 120 gr. of ham
- 2 cups of flour (to overflow)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (to overflow)
- 2 eggs (to overflow)
- Abundant olive oil for frying
- Salt to taste
How to prepare chickpea croquettes with egg and ham:
- Put water and eggs in a saucepan . Cook over high heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Cooked the eggs, peel them and cut them into small pieces. Book.
- Wash and peel the potato.
- Pour enough water into a saucepan and add the potato . Cook over high heat to a boil for 10-15 minutes until softened. Remove and cut into pieces.
- Drain the chickpea pot and put the chickpeas in a food processor. Add the cooked potato, the chicken stock and salt to taste. Crush until obtaining a somewhat thick paste.
- Cut the ham into very small pieces.
- Incorporate the chickpea paste in a bowl. Add the ham and the cooked egg to form a dough.
- Rectify the assembly with salt.
- Next, with a spoon, take a portion of the dough to form croquettes of the desired size.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl.
- Pass the croquettes through flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- In a frying pan, pour olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. When it is very hot, fry the croquettes until they are browned on all sides.
- Remove the kibbles from the pan and drain on absorbent paper.
Bring this tasty starter to the table. These chickpea croquettes with egg and ham have a nice texture that everyone will love.