The Pot Chickpea Burgers can give us unexpected joy with the pantry halfway through. In these days when going down the street can be a danger, we want to take care of ourselves and enjoy a series of essential dishes, this type of recipe is perfect. Confinement is not only a form of protection, it tests us in every way. The chickpeas are legumes that are already cooked, ideal for a hummus or to help our economy a little. With less than 1 euro we can create gourmet hamburgers that the whole family will like.
- 1 onion
- ½ green pepper
- Garlic powder
- 400 gr of chickpeas
- 1 glass of breadcrumbs
- Smoked paprika
How to make pot chickpea burgers
- These homemade burgers have nothing to envy meat, legumes will become a firm base for a bite that will end up being applauded. The greatness of this recipe is its simplicity and finish.
- We open the pot and drain them, until they are perfectly clean. We put the chickpeas in a bowl, we will crush them either with a fork or the mixer until they form a compact paste, this ingredient will be one of the protagonists of the recipe.
- We continue with the onion peeling it and mincing it very fine to incorporate it into the chickpeas. In a frying pan with a splash of oil, saute the onion until it is tender. At that time we add it to the chickpeas.
- We will make a dough with these two ingredients . To give it flavor we will put a tablespoon of the rest of the species, the garlic powder, the smoked paprika and a little cumin or thyme. The use of the species is very personal, you had better choose the ones that you like the most.
- We rectify this mass with salt and pepper . We will let all the flavors impregnate well. Cover with plastic wrap and wait for them to rest for a few minutes. After this time we add some breadcrumbs to give it consistency.
- We shape hamburgers by hand . Make them as beautiful as possible. In a frying pan with a little oil we will fry them, they should take on color and temperature. If you want to avoid fat you can make them in the oven, but they will take a little longer.
- When the burgers are ready, we place them we can serve them with bread or directly on the plate with a good sauce, type aioli or tomato and some fried potatoes. We will have a delicious and healthy snack ready.