Although they do not always enjoy the same prestige as the other parts of the chicken, the wings are very versatile in the kitchen. Economical and tasty, they allow us to prepare different types of dishes, from simple snacks to classics of international gastronomy. Next, we present an exquisite recipe for chicken wings with leeks sauce which takes a few minutes to prepare and goes well with all occasions.
Of course, fried foods have a high energy intake and should be consumed in moderation in a healthy diet. But here we find not only fats, but also the wing proteins, which complement very well with the minerals, vitamin C and the antioxidants present in the leek . So we are far from ingesting ’empty calories’ when betting on this preparation, whose step-by-step we explain below:
Ingredients (for 4 people):
For the battered wings:
- 16 chicken wings (if they are large, we can use 12)
- ½ tablespoon of soy sauce (shoyu)
- ½ tablespoon of Sake (you can substitute another white distilled alcoholic drink)
- Corn starch (amount necessary to coat all the wings)
- Neutral oil for frying
For the leek sauce:
- 2 Whole leeks
- 100 ml of soy sauce (shoyu)
- 1 tablespoon of Sake
- 30 ml of Rice Vinegar
- 1 Chile without seeds
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
How to prepare chicken wings with leeks sauce:
- To begin, we must put the chicken wings to marinate in a bowl with half a tablespoon of soy sauce and sake . Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile, we can prepare the sauce for leeks . First, we thoroughly clean the logs to remove any dirt residue or impurities. We cut each log into small pieces and saute in a frying pan or casserole with a little neutral oil.
- When the leeks start to brown, we add the finely chopped chili, sugar, sake and soy sauce. Stir well and let cook over low heat for about five minutes. We turn off the heat and reserve the sauce.
- After the marinating time we take the wings out of the fridge and coat them with the corn starch . While we do that, we heat the neutral oil in a frying pan.
- With the oil very hot, fry the wings until they take on a beautiful golden color. We put them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Done! We can now serve our chicken wings with leeks sauce. The presentation will depend a lot on the preferences of each one and the occasion. We can serve them in a bowl with the leek sauce on top, mix them directly with the sauce in the pan to later serve, or assemble individual dishes to achieve a finer appearance. Your kitchen, your standards …
But, tell us … What presentation would you choose and how would you taste these exquisite chicken wings with leeks sauce? Do you fancy more as an appetizer or would they be better as a main course with a good accompaniment? Dare to try this recipe at home and share with us your opinions, photos and advice!