These tasty Carabineros stuffed with cheese and bacon are ideal as a starter, appetizer, starter, or garnish for other fish dishes. The carabinero is an ideal size to fill, as they are large and meaty, they do not break down during cooking and retain all their sea flavor. Combining cream cheese and bacon, a smooth filling is achieved on the palate. To finish, a rich walnut cream that transforms the recipe into a gourmet dish. Now that seafood and fish consumption is trending, it is interesting to have these types of recipes at hand at the highest level. In a moment you have an irresistible snack ready.
Carabineros stuffed with cheese and bacon are a source of quality proteins . They contain very little fat and calories, although milk cream is added. It is always better to opt for fresh seafood, but it is also possible to achieve excellent results with frozen products that are already clean and thus save time in the kitchen.
- 500 gr of police officers
- 200 gr of cream cheese
- 50 gr of bacon
- 250 ml of milk cream
- 100 gr of walnuts
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to prepare carabineros stuffed with cheese and bacon:
- Clean the carabinieri very well removing the shell, the gut and the black thread that they have on the loins.
- Put a pot with water and salt to boil. Cook the carabineros for five minutes. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut them lengthwise, without opening them completely.
- Heat a frying pan. Cut the bacon into very small pieces. Brown them for a few minutes.
- Mix the bacon with the cream cheese . If a softer texture is desired, crush both ingredients in a blender until fully integrated.
- Fill the carabineros with this mixture and put them on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Put the nuts and the cream in the blender and crush to homogenize.
- Place the cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer until the boil breaks. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the carabineros with the walnut cream and gratin r in the oven for a few minutes.
- Serve the carabineros stuffed with cheese and bacon right away.
- Replace the cream with evaporated milk for a lighter option.
You can change the recipe for carabineros stuffed with cheese and bacon simply by placing a slice of each inside the carabinero. Then gratin it with the walnut cream if you want.