Few things are as comforting as a good bowl of hot cream on cooler days. Better still if we have the possibility of preparing it in our homes, with natural, nutritious and – of course – cheap ingredients. Here we present a cauliflower curry cream simple to make and ideal for recharging energy.
Cauliflower is one of cruciferous vegetables that we should all incorporate into our diet. Rich in fibers, vitamin C and minerals such as calcium and iron, its consumption is key to strengthening the immune system. In turn, curry is a mixture of species that offers multiple health benefits, thanks to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive and anti-carcinogenic properties. Furthermore, the low calories and fat of cauliflower added to the stimulating action of curry, make this dish an ally of those who try to lose weight.
- ½ cauliflower medium (or 1 small)
- 1 medium potato
- ½ onion
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (approximately 50 ml)
- 150 ml of cooking cream (you can use traditional or vegetable milk to make it lighter and-or suitable for vegans)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of curry powder
- Vegetable broth or water (amount needed)
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare Cauliflower Curry Cream:
- The first thing we will do to prepare our cauliflower curry cream is to wash the vegetables well. Next, we peel and cut the potato into small pieces and separate the cauliflower saplings .
- In a saucepan, add the olive oil and saute the chopped onion. When the onion begins to brown, add the chopped potato and the cauliflower saplings. We saute for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add the curry, season with salt to taste and stir to prevent the spices from burning.
- We cover all the vegetables with water or vegetable broth, we cover the casserole and we allow it to cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- After this time, we make sure that the vegetables are very tender before stopping cooking . Then, we add the cream or milk (traditional or vegetable), stir well and we hope that it will break the boil again.
- Next, we take the preparation to the blender or mixer and process until we obtain a homogeneous cream.
- Done! We already have our cauliflower curry cream and we only need to check the salt before serving it.
Do you want a tip “extra”? If you want your dish to be even tastier and more aromatic, add a slice of butter before serving. But if you are trying to lose weight, it would be best to present it with a little chopped parsley or coriander.
Now, the time has come to know your opinion … What do you think of this recipe? How would you accompany this exquisite cauliflower curry cream?