Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that we should all consume regularly in a complete and healthy diet. Fortunately, its versatility allows us to prepare numerous quick and delicious recipes taking advantage of the ingredients at hand. Next, we present a cream of cauliflower and leek with saffron, inspired by the recipe of Julie Andrieu, a prestigious French cook.
In addition to being delicious, this dish is a perfect sample that healthy meals do not need to be complex, much less expensive. In less than half an hour, we obtain a preparation rich in vitamin C, fibers, antioxidants and minerals, such as calcium and iron . This without mentioning the recognized medicinal properties of saffron which help prevent cardiovascular diseases, premenstrual symptoms, depression and many types of cancer.
- 1 medium cauliflower (you can use the frozen saplings)
- 200 gr of leeks
- 1 glass of milk (you can use vegetable milk to make it lighter or suitable for vegans)
- 3 glasses of water, vegetable or chicken broth (you can take advantage of the green part of the leek and the stem of the cauliflower to make your broth)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- A pair of saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Cauliflower and Leek Cream with Saffron:
- The first thing we will do to prepare our cream of cauliflower and leek with saffron is to wash the vegetables well. Next, we cut the leek finely and separate the cauliflower sprigs.
- If we still don't have the broth ready that we will use later, now is the time to prepare it. In case it is already prepared, we simply need to boil it and keep it warm. Then we separate 2 or 3 tablespoons of the hot broth and add the saffron threads . We reserve until it is time to serve the dish.
- In a saucepan, sauté the finely chopped leek with the olive oil. Before they begin to brown, add the cauliflower saplings and season to taste.
- We add broth until it completely covers the vegetables, we cover the casserole and let it cook for approximately half an hour.
- After this time, we make sure that the cauliflower is very tender and add the milk. Stir well and let the boil break again.
- Next, pour the preparation into the blender or blender, add the teaspoon of honey and process until obtaining a homogeneous cream.
- We put the set to the point of salt.
- Now will be the time to decide if we want to taste our cream of cauliflower and leek with hot or cold saffron. If we choose to eat it hot, we simply serve and add on each plate a little of the broth with saffron threads. But if we prefer to taste it cold, we must take it to the fridge for at least two or three hours before serving.
And you, how would you taste this delicacy? Hot or cold? And what would you accompany her with? Leave us your comments and share your tips, photos and suggestions with us!