Although we know the importance of eating a healthy diet, having a good sweet once in a while is also part of a happy life. Better still when we can share it with our loved ones. And who doesn’t like the taste of a homemade caramel sauce ? Next, we show you how to make some caramel cookies with rolled almonds that are to lick your fingers.
You’ll also be pleased to know that this recipe is not about a “nutritional vacuum.” From the minerals of sugar to the vegetable proteins of almonds, passing through the multiple properties of cinnamon . The ingredients we use are far from empty calories, and provide essential nutrients for our body .
- 115 gr. butter
- 100 gr. of almonds in sheets
- 200 gr. of sugar
- 325 gr. flour
- 80 ml. of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- Vanilla essence to taste
How to make caramel and almond cookies:
- To start, we cut the butter into small pieces and put in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and water and bring the saucepan to medium heat.
- By avoiding stirring, we hope that the butter melts completely and that the sugar dissolves in it.
- When this happens, we remove the saucepan from the fire and add the flour, the bicarbonate, the vanilla essence and the cinnamon. With a spoon or spatula, mix the ingredients well until obtaining a homogeneous mass.
- Finally, we add the almonds in foil and mix very carefully so as not to break the cream.
- Now, we pour the dough into a cake pan previously lined with kitchen film. We apply a little pressure to compact it and smooth the surface. When finished, cover well with the film and take to the fridge for several hours. The ideal is to do it from one day to the next (approximately 12 hours).
- When this time has passed, we remove the dough from the fridge and unwrap the plastic wrap. With a fine knife we cut very thin sheets (the thinner the sheets, the more crunchy they will be after baking).
- As we cut, we deposit the sheets on plates lined with sulfur . When we finish, we take the plates to a medium oven (160ºC-180ºC) and bake for about 10 minutes.
- When we see that the caramel cookies begin to brown, we remove the plate from the oven, wait a few minutes and turn with a metal spatula.
- Again, take to the oven and let them finish baking for approximately 10 more minutes. We will see that take a nice golden color, reminiscent of homemade caramel sauce.
- Done! Now, we just need to wait for the caramel cookies to be at the temperature we like best to consume them.
Do you want one more tip? Before storing, wait for them to cool completely and store them in a sealed bottle. This way they will be “as freshly baked” for several days …