Is it possible to make a delicious, professional-looking dessert without spending a lot of time and money? Of course yes! Today we show you how to make an eggless caramel orange cake, using only inexpensive ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
It all sounds great and we don’t even tell you the best part. This orange and caramel cake does not need to be baked it is simple and it is done in no time. Ideal for days when we don’t have much time (or feel like) to cook, or when it’s too hot to turn on the oven.
For the cake batter:
- 500 ml of orange juice
- 350 gr. of condensed milk
- 400 ml of liquid cream
- 10 sheets of unflavored gelatin
For the liquid caramel:
- ¾ cup of sugar (approximately 150 gr.)
- 1 cup of water
- Juice of 1 lemon
How to prepare orange and caramel cake:
- The preparation of this orange cake without oven will be divided into two very simple stages. The first is to make the caramel (here we will need a few minutes on the fire). The second is to prepare the cake dough itself.
- To prepare the caramel, we bring to a fire a saucepan or a frying pan with the sugar. Immediately add the water and the lemon juice, and stir well. Without stopping moving, we let the caramel begin to boil because the sugar must dissolve completely.
- When it has a deep golden color, it will be ready and we put out the fire. Next, caramelize the mold we have chosen to make our orange and caramel flan .
- To start the dough, we put soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for about five minutes.
- While we wait, we put the condensed milk, the liquid cream and the orange juice in a saucepan . We bring to a low heat and stir continuously so that it does not burn. When it starts to boil, turn off the heat.
- Now, drain the gelatin and add it to the previous mixture . With a few rods, mix well until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Fill the previously caramelized mold with the orange dough that we just prepared . We take to the fridge for at least 8 hours; even better if we leave it overnight.
- Done! We just need to unmold our orange and caramel flan and serve it. To make it easier, we can slightly heat up the pan, making the caramel peel off more easily and allow the cake to unmold neatly.
Now, we want to hear your opinion. With what would you accompany this exquisite orange and caramel cake? How about a little whipped whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon? Or would you just enjoy it with a nice cup of fresh coffee or tea after a delicious dinner?