These carabineros in American sauce are a traditional dish, ideal for any celebration and gastronomic meeting . It is about combining this exquisite sauce with sautéed seafood. This type of sauce is ideal for seafood meals, since it has as a base fish stock or fumet brandy and sauteed vegetables. It can also be used to accompany eggs and rice. The chili pepper gives it a spicy touch, but it can be omitted from the recipe.
The carabineros in American sauce have an intense sea flavor and are very nutritious. Seafood provides quality protein without added calories. In addition, they are a source of essential minerals for the proper functioning of the body. It is a recipe suitable for everyone.
- 12 police officers
- 200 gr of scallops
- Leek (the white part)
- American sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 400 ml of fish broth
- 300 ml of crushed tomato
- 1 tablespoon of tomato concentrate
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2 carrots
- 1 chili pepper of cayenne
- 1 glass of brandy
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of Provencal herbs
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to prepare carabineros in American sauce:
- For the sauce, chop the onion, garlic and shallot.
- Heat a deep frying pan with a little oil.
- Sauté the vegetables for five minutes.
- Add the carrots cut into quarters the Provencal herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for eight minutes.
- Pour the brandy, heat it up and let the alcohol evaporate for five minutes.
- Lower the fire. Add the crushed tomato, the concentrate and the chili pepper cut in half, without seeds. Remove.
- Let cook for three minutes and pour the hot broth.
- Cover and cook everything together for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Place everything in the blender and grind.
- In the same pan, melt the butter . Add the flour, stir to brown and absorb the butter. Pour the sauce already crushed. Mix and let it thicken for a few minutes. Salt grinding.
- Separately, in a frying pan with a little oil, sauté the carabinieri peeled with a pinch of salt, round and round until golden brown.
- Do the same with the scallops, in another pan.
- Give a point of salt.
- Assemble the plate placing a little American sauce as a base. on top, accommodate two or three carabinieri and a few scallops.
- Sauté the chopped leek in a little butter, until softened. Give a point of salt.
- Finish with chopped leek on top and a thread of oil.
At your next gathering of friends try the Carabineros in American sauce. Write down the sauce recipe and use it to enrich other dishes with fish.