This broccoli omelette with candied bell peppers is ideal for a breakfast with lots of protein, a first course or A light meal. It is so easy that you can prepare it and let it cook while you do your things or get ready for work. The secret is to have the bell peppers candied in advance. In fact, you can prepare more and keep them in the refrigerator to always have them on hand .
Red bell peppers are ideal for caramelizing for their meatiness and not very spicy flavor. Choose them medium in size, firm flesh and bright color. You can caramelize those of other colors, but remember that the color difference is due to the degree of maturation. The green ones are spicier. With the suggested preparation they are kept in the refrigerator for up to 15 days. To conserve more time: place the caramelized peppers in jars sterilized with the cooking liquid, finish filling the jar with oil until they are completely covered, cover, leave the jar upside down for 30 minutes to generate a vacuum and that’s it.
- 4 eggs + 4 egg whites
- 120 gr. broccoli
- 150 gr. grated cheese
- 50 ml. of milk
- 3 tablespoons of fresh cream
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 candied red bell pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the whites, half the grated cheese, milk, cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the broccoli separated into flowers .
- Arrange in a baking dish, make a grid on the surface with strips of caramelized peppers sprinkle the grated cheese and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Recipe for caramelized bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- of sugar
- 100 ml. apple cider vinegar
- 200 ml. of water
- Remove the cape from the peppers with the seeds wash them outside and inside to remove any remaining seeds.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise into strips removing the white part that may be inside.
- Cut the strips into three parts.
- Place the water in a pot and add the sugar and vinegar . Dissolve, add the peppers, and leave on the heat for about 1 ½ hours until ready.
Play around with your creativity and add an extra for another texture and flavor . For example: bacon, chorizo, prawns, red onion, asparagus, spinach, pumpkin, potato, carrots or whatever you find in the refrigerator. The result will be exquisite and everyone will like it at home.