A tasty broccoli and prawn risotto can be the ideal option to vary the weekly menu without falling into excesses, as it is a light dish. Once you learn to cook risotto, there are no limits to creating different variations, as rice combines with almost everything. It is essential to choose a good thick and round grain rice, thus releasing all its starch. The result is a creamy and irresistible dish . They say that the first risotto was prepared at a wedding, in order to entertain the guests with an original meal. From that moment this delicious dish is born.
A plate of broccoli and prawn risotto has everything you should have for a nutritious meal. Rice is rich in complex carbohydrates, which provide energy and satiety. Prawns contribute protein and minerals, essential to activate the body's functions. Finally, there is broccoli, a source of fiber and essential vitamins.
- 500 gr of rice
- 1 broccoli
- 200 gr of clean prawns
- 1 onion
- 1 liter of fish stock
- 2 strands of saffron
- ½ glass of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to make broccoli and prawn risotto:
- Bring a pot with a tablespoon of salt to a boil.
- When the boil breaks, add the broccoli flowers. Let them cook for five minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a deep frying pan and add a little oil.
- Brown the saffron threads for two minutes. Book.
- In the same oil, brown the prawns until they change color. Withdraw and reserve.
- Finely chop the onion and sauté in the same pan with a little more oil.
- Add the rice. Fry it for three minutes so that it takes color.
- Pour in the wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate for two minutes.
- Add the hot broth, the saffron and season to taste.
- Cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When the rice is tender and the consistency of the risotto is creamy, add the broccoli, the prawns and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the butter, a little grated Parmesan cheese and stir. Let the broccoli and prawn risotto rest for five minutes and serve with more grated cheese on top.
This spring, make a delicious broccoli and prawn risotto. combines flavors of sea and land in a single dish.