A good British custard recipe allows anyone to get a good taste with few ingredients . The best thing about this recipe is that it is inexpensive, easy to make and its ingredients are available in any still life. This dessert is basically a sweet cream widely used in pastry worldwide. Its preparation is well known in English cuisine because it is used in many combinations. In addition to its simple presentation in custard, cakes with that mixture are prepared in that country as a base for other preparations. There are also the famous custard cream cookies, which are very popular in the United Kingdom. The best thing is that this preparation is really nutritious.
In practice, it is a sweet food that has an excellent capacity to satiate . This is because in its elaboration the use of eggs, milk and sugar is central. It is not really the most "fitness" proposal, but it has a quite remarkable protein potential. A central ingredient in this dish is cornstarch, or cornstarch a fairly nutritious carbohydrate that is free of gluten, fat and sugar. Next, you will learn how to make one of England's traditional recipes… Pay attention!
- 500 milliliters of milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 eggs
- 90 grams of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch
How to prepare British custard recipe:
- Mix the milk and the vanilla bean in a saucepan and simmer.
- Crack the eggs and take only the yolks.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Add the tablespoon of cornstarch to the mixture of eggs and sugar while continuing to beat.
- Remove the vanilla bean found in the milk mixture
- Add hot milk with the mixture of eggs and sugar.
- Beat all the ingredients using a wire whisk so that the mixture is as homogeneous as possible.
- Cook the mixture over low heat for five minutes preventing it from boiling. Stir permanently during cooking.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and place in a bowl with ice. Serve warm.
It is possible to have the dessert for a certain time in the fridge so that it takes on a certain consistency. This dish consists of a cream unlike other proposals, where it is a matter of solidifying the whole. This simple British custard recipe can be accompanied with chopped walnuts, almonds, and similar side dishes. In this way, the energy charge and flavor will improve considerably … Try it!