The banana flip cake recipe is ideal for cooking a rich dessert at home. It can be served warm, accompanied by a little ice cream or whipped cream. The original cake was prepared with pineapple and cooked in the pan, it was a very popular dessert in the 1930s, during the post-war period. At that time, pineapples in syrup metal baking utensils, and manual beaters had been released. Other fruits that combine well in this type of recipes, in addition to bananas, are oranges, apricots or plums.
With the recipe for flipped banana cake you get a delicious dessert, easy and quick to make. In some regions they add rum, others do it with caramel. It is economical since already ripe bananas are used, which provide humidity and an incredible flavor to the dough. Of course, it is a caloric dessert so it works well on a cold day, as it helps to recharge.
- 1 cup of pastry flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of honey
- 4 eggs
- 150 gr of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- Whipped cream
How to prepare the banana flip cake recipe:
- Preheat the oven at medium temperature, about 180º.
- Grease a mold of 24 centimeters in diameter.
- Beat the butter, which should be at room temperature, along with the sugar until a creamy mixture remains. Add the vanilla essence and two mashed bananas.
- Add the eggs one by one.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda and cinnamon. Incorporate into the smoothie, interspersing with the milk until everything is very well integrated.
- Beat vigorously for three minutes.
- Coat the mold with honey, the base and the sides . Cut the remaining two bananas into slices and cover the bottom of the pan with them.
- Carefully turn the smoothie over so that it does not come down.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Insert a dry toothpick to see if it is already cooked in the center. It should come out clean and dry.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it warm and turn the dessert on a plate.
- Let the inverted banana cake with whipped cream cool and serve.
Prepare this recipe for flipped banana cake for a snack. Instead of honey, you can use caramel. Just make sure it covers the pan well, which will help you flip the dessert later.