The Banana and Pineapple Crumble is a fruit cake topped with a dough of flour and sugar . It is cooked in the oven and preferably served hot. The story goes that the crumble was born in England during World War II because of food rationing. Its simplicity made it an easily accessible dessert. The fruits that are used the most are apples, blackberries, cherries, pears, etc. But in this case, banana and pineapple are used, two fruits with contrasting flavors that combine perfectly in the cake.
The pineapple in this recipe is a source of vitamins and minerals. It is rich in antioxidants, diuretic, low in calories and contains an enzyme called bromelain. This enzyme has anti-inflammatory power and strengthens the immune system . Also bromelain helps to reduce the proper functioning of the digestive system. Thanks to all these properties, it is a recommended fruit to include in the daily diet of people of all ages.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 250 gr. pineapple in syrup
- ¼ cup flaked oatmeal
- ¼ cup peeled and chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour
- ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Mint leaves (to decorate)
How to make banana and pineapple crumble:
- Put the oats and the chopped walnuts in a bowl. Add the two tablespoons of butter, the brown sugar and the three tablespoons of wheat flour. Add half a tablespoon of ground cinnamon. Knead with your hands until the ingredients are well integrated.
- Drain the pineapples and cut them into 1.5 cm pieces.
- Peel the bananas and cut into 0.5 cm slices.
- Spread butter in an ovenproof pan and grease it throughout. Distribute the chopped banana and pineapple at the bottom.
- Next, cover the fruits with the crumble dough by pressing with your fingers until it compacts.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake the cake for 15-17 minutes.
- After the time, remove from the oven and let cool slightly for 5 minutes. Unmold-
- When serving the portions, decorate with mint leaves or a rich chocolate syrup.
Enjoy a delicious dessert with the banana and pineapple crumble. It is an easy recipe to prepare with excellent results. Go ahead and enjoy this cake whenever you want at home. It is a great way for children to eat fruit at home and enjoy its various nutrients.