The Banana and Oatmeal Pancakes with Caramel Sauce are a nutritious and very simple dish to prepare. It is a healthy food, with delicious flavor, that can be consumed at breakfast, as a dessert or as a snack. After they are done, they are bathed in caramel sauce to give them a pleasant sweet touch. Ripe bananas are used, mixed with oatmeal and egg, the essential ingredient for fruit setting.
Oatmeal is a very complete cereal for its contribution in protein, fiber, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. It contains beta-glucan, an element that keeps the body satiated and full of energy. In addition, it helps to decrease blood cholesterol levels, thanks to linoleic acid and its soluble fiber. For its part, the banana is a fruit rich in minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Magnesium regulates the function of all muscles. Potassium helps the kidneys and heart to function properly. Banana is also a source of vitamin C and vitamin B6.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of ground oat flakes
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Sauce or caramel syrup
How to prepare banana and oatmeal pancakes with caramel sauce:
- Peel the bananas and put them in a bowl. Then you have to crush them with the help of a fork until you get a light puree.
- Crack the eggs and pour them into another container . With the help of a rod, beat the eggs and add them to the bowl with bananas. Mix very well.
- Add the ground oats to the previous mixture . Mix until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- A kitchen appliance can also be used to grind the ingredients and obtain a more homogeneous mixture.
- In a nonstick skillet, add a few drops of coconut oil to grease. Heat over medium heat. Pour two tablespoons of the pancake mixture and make it circular . Cook for 2 minutes, then turn to cook on the other side for 1 more minute.
- When cooked, remove and place on a plate.
- Repeat the last two operations with the entire mass until it is finished.
- When serving, pour caramel sauce over pancakes.
Delight the whole family with these delicious and healthy banana and oat pancakes with caramel sauce. The little ones in the house will love them and it will be a good way for them to take the nutrients from bananas and oats. It is a dish that you can bring to the table at different times of the day.