Creamy whiskey and cream liqueurs are a favorite with many people for their slightly sweet taste and alcoholic balance. But did you know that we can not only taste them as an aperitif, but also use them in sweet recipes? Next, we suggest you learn how to make a whiskey cream based on this famous drink.
Although we don’t know the exact origin of this recipe, its Irish roots are undeniable. Irish Cream-style liqueurs have become popular worldwide and the Baileys brand is today one of the most prestigious in its segment. Likewise, the success of the blend is largely due to the tradition of Irish whiskey, which dates back to the 17th century.
After several years of its creation, we invite you to rediscover the versatility of this drink so delicate in your kitchen . Below, we share the step-by-step of our baked whiskey cream recipe:
Ingredients (for 6 units):
- 50 ml of whiskey cream (Irish Cream liqueur)
- 350 ml of liquid cream to assemble
- 100 ml of milk
- 150 gr. of brown sugar
- 30 ml of water
- 1 medium egg
- 5 Egg yolks
How to prepare Baked Whiskey Cream:
- To start, we preheat the oven to 130 ºC with the rack low position and heat up and down. At the base of a tray or plate suitable for oven, we place a clean kitchen towel.
- Next, we put six small saucepans and add hot water to the tray, up to half the height of the saucepans.
- In a saucepan or small saucepan, bring water and brown sugar to heat over medium heat. When the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is boiling, we lower the heat and let the caramel cook for about six minutes.
- With great care, we remove the pot from the heat and pour the liquid cream over the caramel . Slowly stir until fully integrated and heat again for an additional two minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whole egg, the yolks, the milk and the whiskey liqueur . Little by little, we pour the caramel in the form of a thread over the egg mixture and continue beating until we achieve a homogeneous cream.
- We divide the preparation between the six small casseroles on the baking tray. We take the cream to bake for one hour approximately. Even removing them from the oven, we made sure they are fully cooked.
- Done! We just need to let the cream of whiskey cream take the optimum temperature to serve it. The ideal is to take it to the fridge for several hours, or overnight.
Now, tell us … How would you taste this delicacy? Would you serve it as a dessert after a delicious romantic dinner? Would you accompany her with a fresh tea or coffee? Or would you go for a more gluttonous version, with a little whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon?