Baked sweet potato with honey and matcha tea is a very little known recipe . This is probably a variant of contemporary cuisine. In fact, pairing sweet potatoes and matcha tea seems like an intercultural food experiment. Also called “sweet potatoes”, these tubers are native to South and Central America. For its part, matcha tea has originated in China since the Song dynasty; later this herb was brought by Buddhists to Japan. Today this apple-green drink is the center of the Japanese Tea Ceremony. Without a doubt, mixing both ingredients in the same dish is not conventional, but it works.
Matcha tea has healing properties that are worth considering . Its main virtue is in its high concentration of theine, considerably higher than what happens with other green infusions. For this reason, its antioxidant action is much more effective. Like other similar beverages, this one is ideal for promoting good digestion and cleaning the body. Added to this, its consumption is recommended to people who want to lose weight. Ingesting it in liquid and at hot temperature contributes to the combustion of fat, having a noticeable thermal effect on the body. In Japan, it is even sold in ice cream, empanadas and other foods. Next, you will know one of its most curious uses in the kitchen… Keep reading!
- 1 sweet potato cooked in the oven
- Honey of the kind and components that you like the most
- Matcha tea powder
How to prepare baked sweet potato with honey and matcha tea
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius .
- Wash the sweet potatoes to remove the soil and drain very well.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet for about 50 minutes or until softened .
- Take out of the oven and let stand a few minutes until the sweet potatoes are at room temperature.
- Peel the sweet potato and reserve in the fridge until cool .
- Cut the sweet potatoes into slices of approximately one centimeter.
- Plating the sweet potatoes in the form of a mountain or tower .
- Pour honey on top of the sweet potatoes, in proportions according to the sweet touch you want to provide.
- Sprinkle powdered matcha tea distributing among all the sweet potatoes .
Both honey and matcha tea powder will be placed to taste . However, it is not recommended to exaggerate the amounts of these two elements. Both are going to flavor, but in excess they can generate a bad sensation when eating.