For centuries a good baked pheasant recipe has accompanied the tables of the wealthiest people . Those families with a hunting tradition have always prepared this type of bird. Its meat is tender and juicy, especially that of female specimens. Added to its good flavor, it highlights its high-level nutritional capacity. Pheasant meat is quite protein and low in fat. In fact, this is a highly recommended food for muscle development in athletes and very active people. Its consumption is also recommended during pregnancy and the first stages of life of the youngest . Without a doubt, this poultry meat is an ideal food element for growth.
The secret of the pheasant is in its high concentration of vitamins of group B . For example, for every 100 grams of its meat we can obtain 0.65 milligrams of vitamin B6. Although in lower concentration, this food also has significant amounts of B3. Of course, it is also endowed with minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium. Having verified its nutritional potential, the next thing to do is learn this simple baked pheasant recipe … Pay attention!
- 1 pheasant
- 2 onions
- 3 carrots
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 potatoes
- 150 milliliters of rosé wine
- 300 milliliters of sweet wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to prepare a baked pheasant recipe:
- Place the whole pheasant in a pot .
- Add water, salt and bay leaf to the pot with the pheasant.
- Cook the pheasant for an hour and a half until the meat is tender .
- Take the pheasant out of the pot and debone.
- Peel and chop the onion into approximately one centimeter slices .
- Peel the cloves of garlic and cut into sheets.
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes and carrots into slices.
- Grease the baking tray with butter .
- Place the onion slices and garlic on the tray.
- Add the boned pheasant to the tray.
- Add carrots and potatoes to the pheasant.
- Spread the two types of wines over meat and vegetables .
- Season the meat and vegetables and place 5 pieces of butter. Add the broth in which you boiled the meat with the laurels .
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
It is very likely that we should add a little more water for cooking. The objective is that the meat is not too dry, since the texture would not be ideal in that case.