If you want your children to be really surprised, prepare some homemade donuts in the oven . Once you do them and try them, you will not stop doing it, since they are very easy, fast and the kids love them. To decorate them there are many options and you can cook a great variety so that the whole family can enjoy .
Although donuts have butter, their main disadvantage is that they are fried. But it is very possible to make them in the oven, reducing their fat percentage and, in addition, they are much better. The donut will be a little lighter and you can decorate it in a fun way. Children love this version as much as the fried one. And besides being simple and practical, you can freeze them.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 600 grams of flour
- 120 grams of butter
- 60 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of icing sugar (for the icing)
- 50 grams of yeast
- 300 ml of skimmed milk or vegetable
- 8 egg yolks
- A splash of olive oil
- Orange peel
- Pinch of salt
- Decoration: Grated chocolate, sliced almonds, colored nuggets, etc.
- Place half the flour together with the sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- In a separate container, dissolve the yeast in 1 glass of warm water.
- Add half of the flour to the yeast and stir well.
- Let the dough sit as you continue to prepare the recipe.
- Heat the milk. When warm, add the orange peel and a dash of vanilla.
- In the bowl of flour and sugar, make a central hole and place the yolks together with the butter. Remember that this should not be too hard.
- Go pouring the milk with aromas while stirring and melt the butter until it forms a smooth dough.
- Once you have kneaded the bolus, pour a little olive oil over it and cover it with a plastic wrap or a kitchen towel.
- Let it ferment for several hours, until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC while you shape the donuts.
- What you can do is form cylinders and join the ends with water. Try not to make them too thick, as they will grow even more.
- Place the donuts apart on a baking sheet sprinkled with flour.
- Bake 10 minutes, turn them and take them out golden.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar with vanilla and water . Don’t make it very liquid, otherwise the donuts will be soft.
- Paint the donuts with a brush and pour over the decorations that you have chosen. When they are aerated and dry, you can serve them.
Share this recipe for homemade baked donuts for children and adults to enjoy at home. Leave us your comments and your recipes Do you know another version of healthy homemade donuts?