The most anticipated time of the week has come, pizza Friday. This time it will be a bit special, the most anticipated dinner will be crowned by a bacon pizza, onion and Philadelphia cheese sauce. With time to cook, daring to make a homemade pizza dough is to reach another culinary level. You can’t compare a supermarket dough to a homemade one. It will have an impressive texture, consistency and flavor. On this basis any ingredient is good, but the bacon is always a success, combined with onion and cheese with its own name, success will be assured.
- 415 gr strength flour
- 270 ml of water
- 14 gr of dry baker’s yeast
- 5 gr of sugar
- 25 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions
- 5 tablespoons of Philadelphia cheese
- 5 slices of bacon
- Tomato sauce
- Grated cheese
How to make a bacon, onion, and Philadelphia cheese sauce pizza
- We heat the water a little in the microwave so that the yeast dissolves better, it should not be very strong or it would affect the properties of this ingredient.
- We put the flour in the shape of a volcano in a bowl, in the center we put the water with the yeast and a little olive oil.
- We are mixing from the outside inwards thus allowing the flour to merge with the rest of the elements.
- We add a pinch of salt. We knead until sticks to our hands. We will let this dough rest for a few hours before continuing to knead it.
- When ready we prepare the work surface . We flour and spread the dough until the pizza base is ready.
- We put the Philadelphia cheese with the tomato and beat it in the mixer glass. This delight will be the base of the pizza, we spread it on the base.
- We peel and cut the very fine onions . We poach them in oil until they are tender. At that time we will put the bacon.
- The smoked flavor of this pizza is somewhat reminiscent of the carbonara sauce but with certain nuances. We spread the mixture on the pizza base.
- We finish the preparation putting a little cheese and oregano to taste . The type of cheese can be a mozzarella so as not to take the prominence out of Philadelphia.
- We bake the pizza at 180º for about 15 minutes we verified that it is ready to enjoy an extraordinary combination of flavors. We can only try it with a good wine or fresh beer.