Nothing better to enjoy an exceptional snack or snack than delicious bacon and cheese dumplings . The fusion of these two ingredients is mythical and offers us the possibility of creating something delicious with ingredients that we surely have in the fridge. The bacon is a good option that we can adapt to our resources, we will include York ham or an Iberian ham if we want to give it an extra point of flavor. The cheese will give these dumplings the end result you need, the creaminess and unmistakable flavor will come after a crisp exterior. Get to work with these homemade dumplings, they are vice.
- 150 gr of cheese
- 150 gr of bacon
- 80 gr of walnuts
- Empanadilla wafers
- 1 egg
How to prepare bacon and cheese dumplings
- These bacon and cheese dumplings we can customize to the maximum using the ingredients that we have at home, they are very easy to make. They can always be ready to dip in a sauce or accompanied by a fresh beer.
- We will use the type of cheese that we have on hand with a light spread it can also be ideal. Chop the cheese or put it directly in a bowl. If we have a large piece we grate it so that it mixes better.
- We will give it a crispy flavor with walnuts . We will peel and chop them to incorporate them with the cheese. This mixture is always a success, by itself it can be the ideal filling for any empanada.
- It is the turn of one of the protagonists, the bacon. We cut the bacon very finely and sauté it in a frying pan . We add it to the mix.
- We can add the oil that has been released if we want some more empanadas or drain the pieces well for a light option.
- We mix everything well . It will not be necessary to put salt, the cheese is already sweet and the bacon too. We just make sure that all the flavors are well integrated.
- We put to work with the wafers we spread them on a floured surface to be able to fill them.
- We put the filling at one end and close the crescent-shaped wafer . With the help of a fork we seal the tips. It is better not to overfill them.
- As we have the dumplings ready we put them in a baking dish lined with vegetable paper so that they do not stick together.
- We paint the dumplings with the beaten egg . If we have some sesame or poppy seeds we can add them or even a little more grated cheese.
- Bake the dumplings at 180º for about 15 minutes until golden. We serve with a little tomato sauce, they will be impressive.