Among the most used fish in kitchens around the world, is trout. It is a relatively affordable product for everyone, among other things because it is currently farmed in fish farms. Trout admits different forms of cooking : grilled or grilled, pickled, roasted, in stews and rice, etc. There are many varieties one of them, the so-called salmon, closely resembles salmon.
What are the nutritional values of trout ? Among them is the well-known Omega 3, an essential acid very beneficial for our body. In addition to taking care of our arterial health, Omega 3 is good for those with hypertension and high cholesterol.
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 8 fresh trout size rations
- 50 ml of soy sauce (shoyu)
- 100 ml of water
- ½ cup of neutral oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 large whole leek
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 gr. grated ginger (you can substitute ½ teaspoon of ginger powder)
- 2 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Salt to taste
How to prepare Asian style steamed trout:
- Since we have chosen to use whole and fresh trout, the first thing we will do is clean them well and dry them with an absorbent paper . If you prefer to use fresh or frozen trout, you can logically skip this step.
- We salt the inside of each trout and reserve until it is time to cook them.
- Now, we wash the vegetables well to remove any dirt residue or impurities . Chop the garlic, cut the leeks and carrots into thin sticks, and the ginger into very fine slices.
- In a frying pan or casserole, put the neutral oil and bring to medium heat. First, we fry the garlic and, when they are golden brown, we remove them with the help of a slotted spoon. Next, we skip the other vegetables for a couple of minutes.
- Next, we add the sugar, soy sauce and water, and let it cook for about five more minutes. We turn off the heat, sprinkle a little chopped parsley on top and reserve.
- This is the time to steam trout and there are many ways to do it . In a special oven for steam cooking, fire in the most classic way with a steamer, and even in the microwave. Depending on the resources in your kitchen and your preference, you can choose the most appropriate method.
- When they are cooked, we can plaster the preparation. But before doing so, we make sure that the vegetables and sauce are very hot. The presentation, of course, is totally free ; we can use a single container or make individual dishes. As well as serving the vegetables with the sauce on the trout, or separating them to serve on the side as an accompaniment.
But, tell us … How would you present your steamed trout in the oriental style? And what would you taste it with? Dare to experience this recipe and share your results and types with us in the comments!