This Apple Sliced Bread Pudding is one way to create a stunning dessert with minimal effort. For bartender trainees who want to experiment without fear of failure, this recipe is perfect. It is prepared with some main ingredients that never fail. The sliced bread will be the simple base of this pudding that will receive eggs and milk, before the arrival of the undisputed queen of this preparation, the apple . Using fruit in sweets is a way to reduce sugar and take care of ourselves a little more. Take note of this incredible preparation, the result will surprise you.
- 200 gr of sliced bread
- 2 apples
- 3 eggs
- 350 ml of milk
- 100 gr of sugar
- 30 ml of sweet anise or liqueur (optional)
- For the caramel
- 200 ml of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- A few drops of lemon juice
How to prepare an apple and sliced bread pudding
- We are going to start this recipe with caramel we can buy it made, but with the simplicity of its preparation, any dessert will always be better for us.
- We put the sugar, the water and the lemon juice in a non-stick saucepan or frying pan. We let them cook. The sugar will start to bubble and then change color, until that brown we are looking for.
- When we have the caramel ready we distribute it in the bottom of the mold of this pudding. It is important that it be well distributed.
- We continue with the pudding . We are going to beat the eggs in a bowl, we add the sugar to this mixture. We can add less or use a whole variety.
- The turn of the milk arrives we put it little by little without stopping beating so that we have the ideal pudding background.
- With these perfectly fused ingredients we add the sliced bread . We will put it crumbled. We beat so that it is impregnated with the rest of the flavors.
- We can add a splash of anise or liquor to taste. We will add apples to this base. Peel the apples and grate them, mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- We turn on the oven at 180º and let it warm up. While the dough will rest and the flavors will unify better.
- Pour the dough into the pan and bake in a water bath at 160º for about 40 until the eggs have set.
- We wait for it to cool to decorate with a few apples with cinnamon on top or a little cream. We will have ready the ideal dessert, easy to prepare and delicious .