In these 7 biscuit recipes you will find the secret of happiness, 7 different sweet pastries to enjoy art and confectionery pleasure during this quarantine. Eating a good sponge cake has become one of the star activities of this confinement. No one could imagine what was hidden behind the homemade cakes. Making them is wonderful, with calm, dedication and love, adding each of the ingredients and waiting for the moment to open the oven to see our work of art. Eating a freshly made sponge cake with coffee or tea is priceless.
The recipe for honey cake is one of the most traditional elaborations. With honey we will avoid using too much sugar, an ingredient that we can gradually dispense with. This cake is perfect to get started in the art of baking, enjoying a natural and healthy preparation.
- 200 gr of flour
- 75 gr of sugar
- 2 l of milk
- 2 tablespoons of yeast
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Butter to spread the mold
- We sift the flour. We put it in a bowl.
- We add the yeast little by little. We mix until it is perfectly integrated
- We put the sugar, the quantity is relative with this mixture we will have a good base. The honey will give it the final sweetness that this cake will need to shine.
- Add the milk, let the dough rest for a few minutes.
- After half an hour we will have been able to see how the mass has increased from
- We put about three tablespoons of honey tablespoons
- We pour the dough into the mold that we have ready. When the oven is hot we put the cake at 180º for 40 minutes.
Banana and walnut sponge cake
The banana and walnut sponge cake is a healthy and delicious combination of textures and flavors. The banana is one of those fruits that cannot be missing in any fridge or kitchen, walnuts will be the perfect travel companion for this second dough full of good sensations.
- 325 gr of wheat flour for pastries
- 180 gr of sugar
- 150 g of butter at room temperature
- 165 gr of milk
- 3 well-ripened bananas
- 100 gr of walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- We preheat the oven to 180º so that it is ready. This tool is essential to achieve an ideal result.
- We mix the butter with the sugar in a bowl, we will beat both ingredients until they have doubled in size
- We continue with the walnuts, peel and crush them. Bananas will be the next ingredient to treat.
- We put the bananas in the mixer glass and add the butter with the sugar.
- Mix the sifted flour with the yeast and the bicarbonate in another bowl.
- We join the two masses little by little, until we obtain a single mass. This mixture remains somewhat pasty, until the eggs are laid.
- With everything ready we will need to incorporate the peeled and crushed nuts into the mixture. We place this dough in a previously greased mold and bake.
- At 180º it will take about 40 minutes to prepare, decorate with a little icing sugar.
Chocolate and cheese muffins
The chocolate and cheese muffins are a small sponge cake that is prepared in less time. An express dough ready in 15 minutes that will have your best ally in the cheese. Chocolate will add color and joy to muffins that will become a great discovery.
- 2 eggs
- 175 gr of flour with yeast
- 125 gr of sugar
- 100 ml of olive oil
- ½ tub of cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons of pure cocoa
- We will start by putting the eggs and sugar in a bowl. We are going to beat everything until a kind of sauce of soft consistency and pale color is generated.
- We will put the cream cheese and we will continue beating with the help of the electric rods it will be a much simpler and faster process.
- It will be the turn of the flour that we will have mixed with a yeast envelope. We are going to incorporate these two ingredients through sieves,
- We will give the chocolate dot adding the cocoa powder. We can add less if we want them to be softer and the cheese to stand out a little better.
- We mix until we get the base of the muffins. We prepare the molds with the capsules ready.
- We are going to fill them less than half, taking into account that the muffins are going to rise a little in the oven.
- We will have the oven previously preheated to 180º, we introduce our muffins and we will leave them about 15 minutes until they are perfectly cooked.
Cheese gypsy arm and quince jelly
The cheese and quince gipsy arm is one of the most elegant and delicious sweets that exists. The base is a simple cake that we want to make as smooth as possible to be able to work with it. We will fill it with a spectacular quince cheese. This gypsy arm is a surprising recipe for its simplicity and flavor.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 small spoon of bicarbonate
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- For the filling:
- 200 gr of cream cheese spread
- Quince cream
- Walnuts or almonds, chopped to taste
- In a bowl we put the yolks with the sugar, we are going to beat these ingredients well until we have created a pale and delicate cream.
- We beat the whites until stiff and mix them with the yolks. With this step, we will achieve a fluffier base.
- We incorporate the sifted flour in this way no lumps will be created and we will cook a much lighter and more homogeneous dough.
- To give it an extra touch of lightness we put the baking soda that will act as yeast. Mix until the base is ready.
- We line the baking sheet with vegetable paper so that the dough does not stick and we pour it in.
- Bake at 190º for about 15 minutes until the base of this gypsy arm is ready.
- We are going to mix the cream cheese with the quince. We will add the nuts to taste if we like them or we can not put them.
- We spread the filling on the base and roll up the gypsy arm.
Strawberry sponge cake
This strawberry cake remains in the bakery and is prepared quickly and easily. The strawberries are a safe and seasonal bet. We only need to combine them with some basic pastry ingredients to achieve the perfect result, a soft and delicate sponge cake ideal for a snack or breakfast.
- 6 strawberries or 12 strawberries
- 4 eggs
- 200 gr of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1 plain yogurt
- 300 gr of flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 50 ml of olive oil
- We wash the strawberries and cut them into small pieces so that they are better integrated into this dessert. We will leave a few to decorate.
- We beat the eggs, put the sugar and we beat until obtaining a kind of cream that has doubled in size with a paler color.
- We will give flavor to this base by adding the vanilla sugar.
- We add the yogurt and the cut strawberries. We will have almost the sponge cake dough, we will lack the flour and the yeast.
- We will put the sifted flour and the yeast in a bowl. We will mix these ingredients well.
- We are adding the liquid mass to the solid little by little. In this way we ensure that we have a much softer and well integrated dessert.
- Finally, we will add the olive oil. We grease a mold and pour the dough.
- We put this cake in the oven at 180º for about 45 minutes, until it is perfectly cooked. We can put a toothpick and see if it comes out clean or not.
- We decorate the cake with strawberries and icing sugar. We will have an impressive and easy to cook dessert ready.
The tarte tatin is one of the most traditional recipes of French pastries. This cake with its own name is perfect for almost any occasion. It has apples as its protagonist, a highly recommended fruit. Thanks to a different elaboration we obtain a wet finish of the most desired.
- 250 gr of flour
- 160 gr of butter
- 50 ml of milk at room temperature
- 5 gr of salt
- 15 gr of sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 kilo of apples
- 200 gr of sugar
- 75 gr of butter
- We mix the flour with the butter very well, we will work these two ingredients until we get a texture similar to the crumbs, somewhat gritty.
- We will make a hole in the center of the dough to add the milk and the egg yolk. With these liquid ingredients, the dough will begin to bind
- We will leave the dough wrapped in the film and we will arrange it in a bowl in the fridge, while we prepare the filling.
- We will peel and cut the apples into quarters. In a frying pan we will put the butter with the sugar, and let it caramelize before adding the apples.
- We will give it a stir fry until it turns brown not too intense. We will let this mixture sit a little while we turn on the oven.
- We will preheat the oven to 180º with heat up and down so that it is perfect when receiving our tatin tart.
- We will take the dough out of the fridge and shape it into a round mold of about 25 centimeters.
- We will cover this base with the apple filling and we will put everything in the oven. The cake will take about 25 minutes to be ready.
Orange and vanilla muffins
These orange and vanilla muffins are a highly recommended citrus cake. The combination of orange and vanilla is one of the most delicate and special that exists, perfect for coffee or tea. In about 15 minutes we can have these muffins ready that will leave an impressive aroma in the kitchen.
- 50 ml of orange juice
- The zest of an orange peel
- 4 eggs
- 200 gr of cane sugar
- 5 ml of vanilla essence
- 200 ml of olive oil
- 220 gr of flour
- 1 packet of yeast
- 70 gr of candied orange
- Sugar glass
- First, we beat the eggs with the sugar. Mix with the orange zest.
- We mount with the electric rods for a few minutes until we have a fluffy and delicious base.
- We add the orange juice, ideally it should be natural, although we can use concentrated juice.
- We mix and we will have the liquid base of this sweet prepared. It is the turn of the sifted flour and the yeast.
- We add olive oil, so that our muffins are softer, it is better that it be made of arbequina or sunflower.
- We put the vanilla essence and some cut candied oranges. This step is optional, we can do them without.
- We smear the molds with the butter and let us pour the muffin dough. It is important not to fill out completely.
- Bake at 180º for about 15 minutes until the muffins are ready.