Mouth Ulcers are a mild irritation that usually lasts between one and two weeks. Although they do not usually indicate something serious, it is convenient to give them the treat to accelerate their recovery. Discover some remedies.
Canker sores are small ulcers or lesions that develop in the mucosa of the mouth or gums. Some are painful, but usually, do not produce serious symptoms. In fact, most disappear by themselves in a period of two weeks. Do you want to quickly a Mouth Ulcers cure?
There are some remedies of natural origin that help to accelerate the recovery process, minimizing discomfort. However, in many of these options, its effectiveness is based only on anecdotal data. Despite this, using them is safe and can provide relief.
Home remedies to quickly cure a mouth ulcer
Mouth Ulcers are one of the most frequent oral problems in the population. Its size is about 5 millimeters and its whitish color surrounded by a red area. Unlike cold sores, they are not contagious and usually disappear easily. Here we share 5 options to quickly cure a canker sore.
1. Honey of bees
Bee honey is one of the best natural ingredients to treat the conditions that afflict the health of the skin. According to an investigation made in 2014, its application can reduce the pain, size, and redness of canker sores. It also protects the affected area against infections.
How to use it?
- Rub a small amount of honey on the affected area 3 or 4 times a day.
2. Coconut oil
Recognized for its multiple medicinal and cosmetic applications, coconut oil is another effective solution to quickly cure a canker sore. Its p antimicrobial properties help inhibit the action of bacteria and prevent injuries infected.
How to use?
- First, dip a piece of cotton in coconut oil.
- Later, rub it on the after with care.
- Repeat its use 3 or 4 times a day until the lesion is healed.
3. Hydrogen peroxide
The topical application of a solution with hydrogen peroxide can promote the healing of canker sore when cleaning and disinfecting the sore. In addition, due to its antiseptic power, it is ideal to prevent bacteria from proliferating in the affected area.
How to use it?
- First, dilute a tablespoon of 3% oxygenated water in a tablespoon of water.
- Next, dip a piece of cotton into the mixture and apply it to the sore.
- Repeat its use 2 or 3 times a day.
- If the sores are internal, dilute one tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide in half a glass of water. Then, swish for 2 minutes. Spit the solution and repeat its use 3 times a day.
In addition to helping to quickly heal a canker sore, chamomile is used to accelerate the relief of skin wounds and allergies. Its content of azulene and levomenol give it anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that act positively against these problems.
How to use it?
- First, prepare a concentrated chamomile tea.
- Then, dip a clean cloth or piece of cotton into the liquid.
- Apply on the affected area and let it act for 5 minutes.
- Optionally, apply a bag of chamomile tea.
- Repeat the treatment 3 or 4 times a day.
5. Natural yogurt
The exact cause of canker sores is not established. However, among the detonating factors is included H. pylori infection and inflammatory bowel diseases. Therefore, the consumption and application of natural yogurt can support the relief of this condition.
This product concentrates probiotics or live cultures of bacteria that help cope with H. pylori. They also regulate cutaneous pH and decrease the risk of infections.
How to use?
- Consume a cup of yogurt a day.
- Opt ionally, apply some yogurt on the sore.
- Let it act without wiping and repeat its use 3 times a day.
When should you see the doctor?
In most cases, a canker sore can be quickly cured without the need to see a doctor. However, in others, the discomfort is prolonged or tend to complicate. If this happens, it is best to request a check to determine what is due.
Do not hesitate to ask if you suffer from the following:
- You have multiple canker sores.
- Notes that new canker sores are formed before the others have completely healed.
- The ulcer does not go away after two weeks.
- They produce extreme pain.
- The sores spread through the lips.
- The pain caused prevents eating or drinking normally.
- You have a moderate or high fever.
Do you notice a canker sore in your mouth or surroundings? Try one of the mentioned remedies first. You will feel more relief and you will notice that it disappears faster. If you can not improve it, consult a doctor.