Easter sweets can never be missing from the table on these dates and in these quarantine times we have a little bit of time to prepare them . We can not only make the classic French toasts, but also a great variety of Lenten delicacies that until now we have not been encouraged to prepare at home.
Mona de Pascua
- ½ kg of flour
- 100 grams of butter
- 80 grams of sugar
- ¼ liter of milk
- 25 grams of fresh yeast
- 1 egg and 1 yolk to paint the dough
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Pinch of salt
- To decorate: Raisins, chocolate chips, rolled almonds, anisees, etc.
- Chocolate eggs
- Prepare the dough by placing the flour in a bowl together with the yeast. Add the other ingredients.
- Beat well with the mixer, form a ball with your hands and cover it with a cloth.
- Once you have leavened, divides the dough into 4 or 5 parts and creates the monkey shapes.
- Leave to ferment again and paint the monkeys with a mixture of whipped yolk and milk.
- Decorate and bake them .
- Serve the fun and tasty monkeys with chocolate eggs.
- 1 pumpkin of approximately 3 kg
- 1 kg of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 380 grams of almond flour
- 25 grams of peeled almonds
- 1 lemon
- Ground cinnamon
- Roast the pumpkin peel it, remove the seeds and leave it overnight in a drainer to remove excess water.
- Mix the pumpkin together with the sugar, making a puree.
- Add the almond flour, eggs, lemon zest and cinnamon powder.
- Knead until you have a fine dough and place it in a clay pot or oven material.
- Create a pyramid shape with your hands.
- Decorate it by sprinkling sugar and the ingredients you have chosen.
- Bake the arnadi . You can also cover it with meringue and burnt sugar when you take it out of the oven and bake it again for 1 or 2 minutes.
Bartolillos from Madrid
Ingredients for the dough:
- 375 grams of pastry flour
- 200 ml of olive oil
- 200 ml of white wine
- Skin of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt and sugar
- A cinnamon stick
Ingredients for the pastry cream:
- 500 ml of milk
- 75 grams of sugar
- 40 grams of cornstarch
- 25 grams of butter in ointment
- 1 egg and 4 yolks
- The skin of 1 lemon
- A cinnamon stick
- A tablespoon of brandy
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare the pastry cream and add the butter, brandy and salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and reserve .
- For the dough, heat the oil taking care not to burn it.
- Place the lemon peel and cinnamon in a porcelain container and add the oil .
- Cover and leave to infuse overnight, or for 8 hours.
- The next day, removed the lemon peels and cinnamon .
- Mix the flour, sugar, oil and salt of the dough and knead until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Add the wine little by little and stop when the dough does not stick to your hands.
- Place it on the floured table, divide into balls and form the bartolillos .
- Spread each one with the roller giving it an elongated and fine shape.
- Pour the pastry cream at one end and fold the dough to close . Then cut the edges creating a triangular shape with the cutter. You can also give it a simple shape, like a language.
- Fry them in batches of 3 or 4 until golden brown.
- Remove the bartolillos and place them on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar or cinnamon while hot.
At Easter, it is not necessary to leave home to try these sweet delicacies again. It is a good time to cook with the family, teach children and acquire new skills in the kitchen. Leave your favorite Easter recipe and share these traditional recipes, so that everyone can enjoy them.